Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cheap Tail - Grilled Lobster

>> 7/20/10

I'm a sucker for fish and meats that are on sale, but that means I have to be flexible and simple with food prep.   I swear I picked up lobster tail as the "manager's" special at Ralph's for only $5.99 a tail.  Sure, it wasn't minutes-fresh from the ocean, but it smelled good when I boldly tore open a corner of the package at the store.   This is an opportune time to remind everyone to ask your fish monger or butcher to let you smell it before they wrap it.  I hate them and myself and the lady who's driving slowly in front of me when I need to make a return trip to the store.
Grillin' Lobster - the easy, healthy way.  Here's how:



Slice open hard shell and fan open to reveal the lobster meat.
Brush meat with lemon juice and olive oil mixture.

Place tails flesh side down on medium, lightly oiled grill.
Cook for about 4 minutes and turn over.
Brush more lemon juice and OO on the grilled meat and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.  Don't overcook.  The shells will be pink and the meat will not be translucent. 
Serve in the shells or remove the meat, slice, and serve.  Feel free to go the butter dunking route, but I don't think it's necessary.
Serve with lemon wedges.  I added grilled vegetables that my sister-in-law sent home with me after her Fourth of July party.  Yeah, they held up.  I uncooled them in the microwave for 90 seconds to bring them to room temperature.

Grilled Lobster Part 2:  Lobster Roll West Coast Style.

Post a Comment

Possibilities Waiting to be Created

Possibilities Waiting to be Created
Santa Monica Farmers Market

Crunch Time

Gives any well-intentioned cook, completely possible ways to get more real, fresh food onto the table without being shackled to a recipe or breaking the bank or getting an uprising from finicky eaters.
We are big on quick food prep - Chop Therapy - to make real food into fast food and we use what we term flavor savors that give a flavor punch to foods instead of using preservatives or processed ingredients.
We love getting the whole family involved in the food preparation effort. We also use some momgenutity for presenting real food in our homes so it stands a chance against the marketing assault of the Happy Meal.
Please share your ideas and share our posts with anyone you know who might want more real food in their meals.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP